Adult and Youth Support
At Wesley Mission Brisbane we offer a wide range of practical programs for vulnerable teens and young adults, encouraging them to be the change agents in their own life, and providing them with the support to achieve those changes.
The Youth at Risk Alliance (YARA)
YARA provides coordinated and integrated case planning for young people aged 10-17 years with complex needs through its Complex Needs Assessment Panels (CNAP).
For further information about YARA please contact us:
Claudine Lombard – Director
Phone: 07 55691802
Youth Support Coordinator Initiative (YSCI) Youth Support Coordinators
The YSCI provides individual support and group work programs for young people (14 to 17yrs) at risk of disengaging from their education to transition into and through the senior phase of learning.
For further information about YSCI please contact us:
Phone: 07 55691810
Regional Youth Support Coordinator Program (RYSC)
The RYSC is located in the Regional Office of Department of Education and Training and provides a network development and individual case coordination role to the South East Region of Education. The role identifies unmet needs and gaps in services and then targets YSC service delivery to improve coordination, minimise duplication and address regional priorities for the region. This is achieved through collaboration with DET Regional Director, Principals and other key stakeholders along with analysis of regional data.
For further information about RYSC please contact us:
Phone: 07 55624823
Supporting Those At Risk of Homelessness (STARH)
The STARH Project is an early intervention program working with families and individuals in the Gold Coast and Logan Regions to assist to reduce risk of homelessness and sustain their tenancy. STARH works collaboratively with people and other services, to provide integrated and targeted service delivery, primarily aimed at prevention of homelessness.
For further information about STARH please contact us:
Phone: 07 5569 1838
Community Care Services
Community Care Services offer professional, caring support for older people living within the community who need assistance. A wide range of support is provided including personal care, nursing support, shopping, light housework and Allied Health Therapy.
For further information about Community Care please contact us:
Phone: 07 55691822
Kids in Focus - Family Drug Support
This is a partnership program with the Gold Coast Drug Council and Benevolent Society (Early Years Centre). The Kids in Focus program has a ‘whole of family focus’ providing early intervention and assertive outreach support to families with children impacted by substance misuse.
For further information about KIF please contact us:
Phone: 07 55691808
Complex Needs Assessment Panel Youth
The Complex Needs Assessment Panel Youth Northern Gold Coast (CNAPY) brings government and community representatives in partnership to provide a coordinated approach when assessing and planning the needs of clients with complex needs. The CNAPY’s function is to address identified issues and barriers by planning, implementing and reviewing the strategies and interventions required to support children at risk and their families. Their function also involves advocating within their organisation, networks and sectors to ensure the effectiveness of collaborative partnerships. CNAPY works with families who have a child aged between 0-10 years and their family. The child must reside in the Northern Gold Coast Area, have multiple and complex needs, be at serious risk of harm and requiring intervention from two or more services.
For further information about CNAPY please contact us:
Phone: 07 5569 1818
Expanded Horizons Program (EHP)
The EHP is a suicide prevention program that supports sexually and gender diverse young people (13-17 yrs) as well as young people from refugee and non-English speaking backgrounds. Services include both group work and individual support.
For further information about EHP please contact us:
Phone: 07 55691824
Thrower House and Ormeau Youth Centres
Thrower House and Ormeau Youth Centres is a safe, fun and friendly space for young people aged 12-17 years which conduct a broad range of cultural, artistic, recreational and educational activities. Both centres run afterschool activities such as homework help, resume writing, social activities and both centres also provide young people with the opportunity to participate in a FREE school holiday program which is run every school holidays.
Logan City Services (LCS) encompassing:
Eagleby Youth Space
- a fully operational Youth Centre in Eagleby.
Families around Beenleigh (FAB)
- for families with children
- an early intervention program to help families who are at risk of homelessness manage their finances.
Logan Beenleigh Young Persons Project
- for those eligible for intensive support (usually ages 12 to 25)
- including young parents and their children and people with a mental illness
- ensuring participants have access to the right mix of services to get them where they want to be through the provision of personalised, case management and support.
- for young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and are on the social housing wait list (ages 16 to 25)
- ensuring participants can obtain and maintain independent accommodation through learning independent living skills.
- for ages 0 to 8 and their parents
- teaching parents creative play
- teaching parents to make a positive connection with their children.
Social and Economic Development Strategy (SEDS)
- encouraging young people to participate in the future of their community.
Supporting those at Risk of Homelessness (STARH)
- for any person over 16
- helping to prevent homelessness through early intervention.
Sustainable Tenancy Project
- helping individuals and families learn about tenancy rights and responsibilities
- helping community agency staff become trained facilitators.
Youth and Community Combined Action (YACCA)
- for ages 10 to 16 years
- early intervention crime prevention program
- group activities and individual support.
- for ages 16 to 25 years
- supported transitional housing assistance to enter the private rental market
- four Beenleigh houses, three Southport Housing units and two Beenleigh units.
Young Parent Support System
- antenatal and postnatal support for young people
- pregnancy and parenting support for young people.
For further information about LCS please contact us:
Phone 07 3287 1290