Campaign for Change
Meet the Finalists
Got an idea that could help make a positive change in your community?
Want to share in $50 000 and benefit from the support of a leading community service organisation?
Enter Campaign for Change and you could bring your idea to life.
Wesley Mission Brisbane's Campaign for Change initiative will give an individual or group the opportunity to kick start a community program.
One major winner will receive $30 000 along with mentoring and support from Wesley Mission Brisbane. Four additional finalists will receive $5 000 and the opportunity to attend a mentoring workshop.
We are looking for initiatives in the Brisbane region that have the potential to be self sustaining and provide a long term solution for a local issue. It could be something big or small but importantly it will provide a hand up to those in need, improve well being and encourage connection.
About Wesley Mission Brisbane
Wesley Mission Brisbane is a not for profit organisation that has been established in Queensland for over 100 years. We are a leading provider of innovative and responsive community service programs that support those in need. We currently offer a diverse range of 80 community service initiatives across South East Queensland assisting people at all stages of life. These include: emergency relief, art therapy for people living with disadvantage, childcare options, support for young people at risk, art therapy shelter and food for the homeless, jobs for those living with a disability and care for the elderly.
Guidelines for eligibility
- Be aligned with the Mission and Vision of Wesley Mission Brisbane
- Have the potential to become part of Wesley Mission Brisbane’s community service offerings.
- Groups or organisations need to be local (i.e. within Brisbane region).
- Groups or organisations do not need to be registered companies or have any governance in place to apply for this support.
- Ideas must have the potential for assisting people in their daily lives to increase their wellbeing.
- The idea / program needs to be un-tested or only newly implemented on a small scale.
How it will work
- Applications will be open via the web page from September 18th – October 31st 2012.
- Five finalists will be contacted in November and invited to present to the selection committee in February 2013.
- The selection committee will be made up of Wesley Mission Brisbane Executive, Board Members and high profile community representatives.
- The results will be announced in February 2013.
- Wesley Mission Brisbane will work with the winner to implement their initiative.
What would support look like?
Wesley Mission Brisbane will tailor the support to meet the needs of the chosen program / idea. There will be one major prize winner and four runner up winners.
- Possible assistance will be available to:
- Develop governance for the group if required or desired (i.e. a constitution, policy and procedures, operational manual).
- Develop a plan to implement the project idea.
- Develop a budget.
- Find and develop resources required to run the program / idea.
- Market and promote the program / idea.
- Write applications for funding.
- Undertake research and analysis of your idea to confirm it is sound and that it reflects best practice.
- Undertake community consultation to confirm that your idea is hitting the mark with the target group and the community upon which it will impact.
How to get involved
Enter by clicking through to the entry form before October 31st 2012. If you’d like any further information please contact Michelle Hildebrand email@example.com
Applications for 2012 are now closed.