Terms and Conditions for the CAMPAIGN FOR CHANGE Community Initiative
By entering THE WESLEY MISSION BRISBANE “Campaign for Change Initiative” you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1. STANDARD TERMS1.1 Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry.
2. WHO CAN ENTER?2.1 Subject to clause 2.2, entry is open only to all residents of the Brisbane region. Must be able to show upon request proof of residency e.g. Drivers Licence.
2.2 Employees and their immediate families of Wesley Mission Brisbane and their associated agencies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
2.3 Entrants must be over the age of 18 years
3. HOW TO ENTER3.1 The competition period commences on Tuesday September 18th at 23:59 (AEST) and concludes on Wednesday 31st October, at 14.00.
3.2 All entries must address the selection criteria. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3.3 Entrants may only enter the competition once with a valid email address. In the case where an individual is involved in more than one initiative / idea or group, (which is permissible) a different email address must be used.
3.4 Phone entries are invalid and will not be accepted.
3.5 Wesley Mission Brisbane reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify an entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with the terms and conditions.
4. SUCESSFUL ENTRIESThere are (5) initiatives to be supported.
The entrant with the best initiative WILL RECEIVE:
Monetary support for the initiative of $30,000
In addition, the successful initiative will receive:
A. Assistance to develop governance for the initiative if required (i.e. a constitution, policy and procedures, operational manual).
B. Assistance to develop a plan to implement the project idea.
C. Assistance to develop a budget.
D. Assistance to find and develop resources required to run the program / idea.
E. Assistance to market and promote the program / idea.
F. Assistance to write applications for funding.
G. Assistance to undertake research and analysis of your idea to confirm it is sound and that it reflects best practice.
H. Assistance to undertake community consultation to confirm that your idea is hitting the mark with the target group and the community upon which it will impact.
Four (4) Runners Up will receive $5000 financial assistance each, plus a mentoring workshop delivered by Wesley Mission Brisbane. The Runners Up will be selected one from each region (North, South, East and West)
PAYMENT OF THE PRIZE MONEY
• The money will be paid to the successful entry following the approval of their business plan.*
• The money will be paid to the successful entries on the completion of the mentoring workshop.*
*Wesley Mission Brisbane will determine who will receive the prize money payment to ensure that the money is used for the purpose for which it is intended. The processing of payment will also take up to 4 weeks once conditions for each prize money amount are met. Payment will be made by EFT. Entrants must have a bank account into which money can be deposited.
4.1 The assistance is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
4.2 If for any reason the successful applicant/s does not take the initiative or any element of the initiative at the time stipulated by the Wesley Mission Brisbane, then the initiative or any element of the initiative will not be redeemable for cash and will be forfeited by the winner.
4.3 The winner agrees to the guidelines for eligibility as described
• Be aligned with the Mission of Wesley Mission Brisbane (i.e. We walk alongside and in relationship with people to enhance personal, family and community wellbeing).
• Have capacity to reflect the following values of Wesley Mission Brisbane – Integrity, Respect, Empowerment , Hope, Justice, Compassion and Innovation.
• Have the potential to become part of Wesley Mission Brisbane’s community service offerings.
• Groups or organisations need to be local (i.e. within Brisbane region).
• Groups or organisations do not need to be registered companies or have any governance in place to apply for this support.
• Ideas must have the potential for assisting people in their daily lives to increase their wellbeing.
• The idea / program needs to be untested or only newly implemented on a small scale
5. ANNOUCEMENTS5.1 Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period and registered all details in accordance with clause 2 or clause 3 will be entered . Finalists wil be notified in November 2012. Finalists will then present their program initiative to a panel of judges in person. Final prize winners will be notified in February 2012.
5.2 The successful applicants may be announced in Wesley Magazine and the Quest Newspapers. The prize winner will be notified by phone, email or mail within 24 hours of the decision.
5.3 Wesley Mission Brisbane’s decision is final and will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
5.4 All other expenses, other than those outlined within these Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of the winner.
6. YOUR COMMITMENTBy entering your idea in the Camping for Change Community Initiative you are agreeing to:
• Work with Wesley Mission Brisbane to develop and implement your initiative in the community for at least 12 months;
• Adhere to the reasonable requirements and standards of Wesley Mission Brisbane;
• Participate in media and promotional activates promoting the initiative;
• Acknowledge the support of Wesley Mission Brisbane for the program and including appropriately co-branding the initiative;
• Permit Wesley Mission Brisbane to continue the initiative if at any time you wish to cease operation;
• Agree to negotiate with Wesley Mission Brisbane the possibility of expanding the program into other areas.
• Retain ownership of your program until relinquished by you at your choosing.
Wesley Mission Brisbane retains the right to cease association with the winning entry should the program / initiative become something that is not in-line with the values of WMB.
7. WESLEY MISSION BRISBANE’S DETAILS
930 Gympie Rd
Chermside Qld 4032
Ph: 07 3621 4500